How to study ?
Yoroï dojo offers you a wide possibility to start your journey in rope. Group study, private and custom tuition, international workshop and intensive week-long tuition, the choice is vast but the goal is always to make your relationship to rope unique, for the person tying as well as for the person being tied!
For more information about our way please check this intention note !
To Start :
How to start? How to integrate the group of Study ? This tuition is designed to help people to start study with us. Program:
- Basic knot (one is enough) and frictions;
- Rope and Body Manipulation (our style basics);
- One Rope pattern : Enzo, Gyaku Ashi;
- Two ropes pattern : Gote (also call Box tie/Takate Gote…) // Mae (hand in the front);
- How to play and evolve from this.
- Security Guideline (How to manage risk and be ready for everything – our philosophy);
Every month or almost, there is an evening group tuition.
- Partern and Halph Supension : Around one pattern, but not only! Only After “One Week-end To Start”.
- Basic Suspension : Only on invitation. Let’s figure out how to do Yoroï’s style in suspension (from basic pattern to play)
- Tying Deeper : Half and semi suspension – more focus on concept!
Week-EnD Group Tuition
You like to go deeper, to have more time to experiment, you like to learn in intensive moment, you like to switch, come and play ! Come and learn !
Your life or work make you unavailable for our group study? You need to make your style compatible with mine to integrate into the advance workshop (at least one well known educator needs to recommend you)? You need privacy or your own rhythm to study? Private tuition is a possibility for you. Contact us for details.
Every season, there is a seasonal workshop for advanced people. We play and tie, for generally between 2 or 3 days, with the focus on evolving together.
One week for Stuty
Mainly for people living far or who find it easier to free up one week at a time, or people looking for deeper integration and understanding. This tuition is focused on people who likes to study in switch mode to have a better understanding from both sides.
For other associations//groups//studios//dojos who would like to study Yoroï’s style of rope. Here is what we have to propose :
- Introduction at Yoroï Ryu
- Minimalist, organic and motion based Kinbaku.
- Movement : Dance and Suspension !
- Organic kinbaku : Tied up like a Bonzai Master !
- Dancing with ropes : Not Anymore Bondage, just move !
- One Rope Play : Basic or really advanced ?
Common rule in study !
Please make sure you are compatible and feel comfortable with our philosophy first.
- No toplessness for any gender unless is clearly promoted (Seasonal workshop and Week-end could be topless)
- Be a Pair/Duo – Not applicable for the Switch classes (One Day to Start – One week for switch)
- Have your home material – Not necessary for the One day to start but Welcome
- Arrive up to 15 minutes before the start of the tuition and be present at the Start. (Please not before, we need time to setup up)
- No Recording : Sound, Photo or Video! Be present! (Notes and drawing are accepted)
- When the Educator asks to untie : please start right away. Any delay disturbs the class and other participants.
Also please Check The Dojo Rules and Commun Behavior and don’t hesitate to ask us if a rule is not clear to you !
How the study is organize ?
On the global point of view : First, we wake up the body, then we add rope to wake up the rope-body contact, and then we jump into the main part of the study. I try to finish with a creative exercise summarizing the tuition. And of course, there is time for breaks. There is also time in the beginning and the end of the course to socialize.
On each Exercise/Proposition : Mainly, the educator shows an exercise and comments on important points. The student tries to reproduce it, after. Questions are welcomed between the demonstration and the practice. Asking for help also through the practice both for security as for technical point/inspiration/validation.
On a long term : If you are local, please start by “One day to start”. If you feel you have a lot of experience, private tuition might work. After, the weekly Group Tuition is the best to steadily improve. Starting with Pattern Base or One rope and Free Rope Base, 6 sessions is the minimum to understand the pattern and their logic. After, you can study Semi-Suspension and Classical Play, which offers an endless study and reflection. One year and somewhere between 20 and 30 weekly Group Tuition is the great minimum to start Suspension Basic and play. Two years and a very committed practice to Season/Research and master class Workshop.
Fast and Flashy results are not what we are looking for. Commitment and deep research are our goal.
Featured image by Isobel Williams – 2013 – A Workshop in Paris